Injury Care, Acupuncture, and Medical Massage are supportive of the following tendomuscular conditions:
View Kris Shaw’s Professional Qualifications for Offering Injury Care Acupuncture & Medical Massage
- Repetitive sprains & strains
- Tension headaches & Migraines
- Arthritis pain ( osteo & rheumatoid )
- Sciatica / both acute & chronic flare ups
- Many types of spinal & low back discomfort
- Acute & chronic whiplash & other neck injuries
- Chronic sustained injuries that continue to have limited range of motion & function
- Myofascia pain / muscular spasming / trigger points / adhesions
- Post surgery rehabilitation / reduction of scar tissue
- Tennis elbow / trigger fingers
- Carpal tunnel & various tendonitis
- Knee & hip joint pain dysfunctions
- Neuropathies of the feet & hands
- Frozen shoulder & other scapula challenges
- Restless leg syndrome / concussions
- Speeding up the recovery of fractured bones
- Feet neuromas / plantar fasciitis / bone spurs
Various types of acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas are specifically tailored for soft tissue injuries and are utilized to reduce pain & inflammation & edema. Some Chinese herbal formulas are targeted to nourish muscle & connective tissue & aid in arthritic joint discomfort.
In this acupuncture & medical massage practice, I help patients in their healing and recovery from a multitude of acute & long standing bone & soft tissue injuries caused by car accidents, on the job hazards, sports activities and wear & tear usage of the joints and myofascial layers. I use a variety of advanced clinical technology for muscular and connective tissue rehabilitation.
Think of me as a body detective, investigating & palpating injured or fibrotic tissue, adhesions, inflammed or weakened joints and muscular compensations for clues, till I get to the root source of many tendomuscular challenges.
Learning and effectively applying acupuncture, oriental bodywork & medical massage takes many years of continuing education. To bypass symptom relief, to get to the root cause of neuromuscular challenges requires arduous inquiry over decades, patience and a deep desire to refine one’s clinical skills. Seasoned practitioners like I experiment with various techniques to unravel the perplexing challenges of acute & chronic pain patterns.
Medical massage & acupuncture treatments can vary in their intensity & duration, from a brief 15 minutes to longer 60 minute treatment, set up over a series of treatments, 1 to 2 times a week, depending on the severity & pain levels of the condition. Chinese herbal formulas & liniments can also shorten & augment the healing process between treatments.